Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
At Meadow Primary school we aim to capture and sustain young children’s interests; to empower them to become motivated learners with a desire to continue learning; to help them take their first educational steps positively and to meet the wider world of education with confidence.
Aims of the EYFS:
- To make the child’s first experience of school happy, positive and fun.
- To ensure that all children feel secure and valued.
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum by well planned activities and lessons covering the six areas of learning of the Foundation Stage.
- To provide a rich and varied indoor and outdoor learning environment
- To establish positive relationships with parents.
- To foster love of learning, enquiring minds and the ability to discuss, adapt and negotiate.
- To value children’s interests providing a balance of direct teaching and child initiated activities.
- To make careful observations and set targets to support and extend the children’s learning appropriately.
- To help children develop self-control and to respect the feelings, needs, cultures and abilities of others.
- To develop key skills in early, communication literacy and numeracy that will prepare young children for Key Stage 1 of the National Curriculum.
- To ensure that children with special educational needs are identified and receive appropriate support.