Dear Parents/ Carers,
Please see the advice below on what to do if your child or anyone in your household or support bubble* develops coronavirus symptoms and the process we would like you to follow to keep children, staff and the local community safe.
What do I do if my child wakes up with any of the following symptoms?
• Temperature (37.8 or above)
• New persistent/continuous cough
• Loss of taste/ sense of smell.
Inform school via Parent Mail or telephone what symptoms your child is displaying and that they and any siblings will not be in school.
Book a test at your local testing site (www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test or call 111):
Covid-19 Drive-through Testing Site - London
Chessington World of Adventures, Leatherhead Rd, Chessington KT9 2NE
Opening times: 8am-8pm
The results will be sent via text/ email within 24-48 hours.
Stay at home
Your child and anyone in the same household and support bubble must self-isolate until you receive the results.
The test is positive:
· Let the school know the result.
· Follow the guidance provided by government on self- isolation - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance
The test is negative and anyone else in the household/support bubble who has symptoms has tested negative:
· Inform the school of your result.
· If your child is feeling well they can come into school.
· If your child is not feeling well please keep them at home until they feel better.
If any other member of your household or support bubble develops symptoms:
· Book a test for the person(s) displaying symptoms.
· Inform the school that your child(ren) will be self-isolating until the results are known.
· If the result(s) is negative, all members of the household and support bubble can stop self-isolating and your child(ren) can return to school.
· If the result(s) is positive, Follow the guidance provided by the government on self-isolation – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance
For more information and advice, please visit https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Thank you for your continued support.
Head of School
*someone who lives alone - or just with their children - can meet people from 1 other household and form a support bubble